There comes a time when the tipping point is reached for many of us in various aspects of our lives. And, sometimes, it’s just time to move on. Whether it’s a career change, a bad long-term relationship, or even Membership Software; sometimes the grass is greener on the other side.
Over the last decade, we have had the fortunate experience of working with hundreds of nonprofit organizations selecting new software. Through that experience, many have wondered and asked us, how do you know if your association management software is up to snuff? What are the signals that it is time to leave? Is it me or is it the software?
Top 10 Signals Your Nonprofit Database is Done
With that thought as our inspiration, here are some clear signals that it’s likely time to review new association’s software:
- 5 Years or More: If you have been on the same platform for more than five years, it’s likely time to change. Technology is moving rapidly and there is a lot more you could get for fewer dollars.
- 2 Versions Behind: If you are one or two upgrades behind, it’s time to move on.
- On Premise Only: If you have got anything in your office that resembles a server that runs your software, it’s likely time to move on.
- Lack of Mobility: If you can’t get access to your system from any computer, any mobile device or from anywhere in the world, it’s time to move on.
- Programmer Needed: If you have to involve a programmer to create a report, yep, it’s time to move on.
- No Metrics for Engagement: If you can’t easily monitor member behavior and measure member engagement, once again, it’s time to move on.
- Lack of Segmentation: If it’s taking your staff too much time to segment the database or pull simple information from your database, adios old system!
- No Integrated Web Content Manager: If you have to get an outside resource to make changes to your website, it’s time for an upgrade.
- No Integrated e-commerce Website: If you don’t have a connected store, online event registration, and online billing solution connected real time to your association management software, you got it, hasta luego!
- You Suffer from Disparate Data Syndrome: If you have multiple disparate systems used by various departments to run your association, tiempo de seguir adelante (it’s time to move on)!
If you would like to visit about the signals you may possibly be facing, please contact us. We would enjoy having the opportunity to visit more with you. Until next time, keep SmartThoughts in mind.