Let’s face it, many AMS software today can give you membership, meeting and store modules. But is that enough for your association? If not, the team at Matrix Group, the provider of MatrixMaxx AMS, believe that they can take you many steps further, providing you with the best membership CRM option for your trade and professional association.
MatrixMaxx AMS Software Review
We are excited to share this quick look at MatrixMaxx AMS, a nonprofit Association Management Software, AMS, for trade and professional associations.
For those interested in learning more about MatrixMaxx AMS beyond this summary, we are available to share with you our thoughts about this membership software and others and how it fits into the larger membership software market today.
Suffice it to say, we have curated, interviewed, and prepared more detailed information for executives employed in the not for profit association industry to set up a time to discuss at length. Our software reviews are designed for those who would like fair and objective insights into the capabilities of this AMS software for nonprofit program.
Our Sources: Over the course of half a decade or so, we have worked with the MatrixMaxx AMS team many times to help our clients. We have reviewed the solution in brief and detailed demonstration overviews with their team, curated specific insights from the vendor for various use cases, read through countless software website pages, case studies and read multiple peer to peer reviews. This brief summary is a culmination of those insights.
Buyer Disclaimer: It can’t go without saying, there are many unique things which this system can do that are not mentioned. And, some possible holes too. So, be mindful of this fact. While we believe this is a good summary, this short review should not be your only source of the truth!
Introduction to MatrixMaxx AMS Software:
Per Matrix Group International, Inc.’s website, they are an award-winning digital agency with clients across the U.S.
- They are dedicated to keeping their clients long term and happy.
- They partner with associations, professional societies and nonprofits.
- Their services include: web design, content management system implementation, e-commerce systems, web based association management software (MatrixMaxx), integration with other AMS systems, mobile app development, e-marketing and social media.
While a relatively small boutique software developer, Matrix Group is a well known web design and digital agency focused on the needs of the Association market for trade and professional organizations. As of 2018, Matrix Group has an estimated 45 clients on their MatrixMaxx AMS product. It’s primary HQ is located in Arlington, VA.
Key items to underscore from employees and clients:
- Amazing staff
- Work is of very high quality
- Superior technical solutions on the AMS and custom sides of the business
- Easy to work with, easy to reach
- Listen and respond to client needs
- Track record of success
- Clients get customized, personal attention and ideas
The Key Functions of MatrixMaxx AMS:
MatrixMaxx AMS is a capable AMS for membership focused organizations. Unlike some alternatives, it is an all-in-one solution designed to go beyond the basics of lower tier options into helping associations understand your membership base and activity level.
In comparison to other AMS options, the membership management software is extendible and offers an extensive selection of modules to help nonprofits manage their membership database, meetings and e-commerce activities. In addition, the AMS also provides many association with an adequate amount of pre-built reports.
The system includes the core functional attributes many AMS software providers extend to their clients such as:
- Member Database to manage company and individual records, committees, and access levels.
- Member Management for dues renewals & member applications
- Communication Management including email marketing integration with MailChimp integration.
- Event Registration and trade show management to create trade shows and exhibit space applications.
- Advocacy to connect with members of congress and their staff
- Member Website & CMS with innate integration with WordPress. Matrix Group likes to design and implement in WordPress and has the SSO built for integration with MatrixMaxx AMS.
- Fundraising which allows one to manage and track your fundraising campaigns.
- Reporting gives one access to an easy-to-use searches, reports, query tools, and exports that require no programming skills to use successfully.
- Accounting & Payment processing to manage invoices and AR payments batches.
- Sponsorship which allows one to create sponsorship categories and detail opportunities within each category
You may find some use in checking out a few videos on the platform here.
In addition, a good training session online used during onboarding below.
Please call us to discuss how their system is unique.
Where Does MatrixMaxx AMS Fit?
The MatrixMaxx AMS platform is best suited for membership focused organizations. As pointed out in a recent blog article, it is very capable in handling trade associations needs too which may require some or all the following:
- Each company record can have one or more primary contacts
- Companies can have relationships with other companies
- Individuals can have multiple affiliations
- Individuals may have roles to manage profiles and activities such as events for the company member.
Generally speaking, the demographic profile of an organization who will likely fit this AMS comprise of some of the following traits and qualities:
- Non-profit membership focused organization with 10 or more staff.
- Non-profit association segments include: trade association, professional societies, clubs, chambers, foundations and association management companies are also candidates for this option.
- Non-profit membership focused organization that are frustrated with Tier III level options that provide the all in one basics.
How Much Does MatrixMaxx AMS Membership Software Cost?
From a pure financial perspective, MatrixMaxx AMS extends a competitive value. From review, it is a fairly comprehensive solution.
As of 4th quarter 2018, please find some characteristics & rule of thumbs for the MatrixMaxx AMS pricing model:
- The overall pricing consists of the software service fee, implementation fee, plus any additional options.
- MatrixMaxx AMS includes many of the core functional areas required by most associations in one price.
- Software license fees are typically paid annually upfront by their clients. But, by virtue of being a proprietary software system, flexibility is certainly there.
- For example, based on 15 staff users at a nonprofit, an organization can expect a range of $90K to $150K 1st year (software & implementation services). In the subsequent years, one should anticipate a range of $40K to $50K for ongoing software license usage/maintenance/support fees.
It is very important to note and underscore here that pricing may change and it’s at the discretion of the software manufacturer to do so.
Every client is unique and software products evolve over time too. So, pricing may change from time to time. Therefore, this brief summary is not intended to be the final authority on pricing rather just a rule of thumb.
Please make no mistake or assumptions here.
SmartThoughts does not sell this or any other software. We ask that you please consult directly with the software vendor for the most up to date pricing before making your final assessment.
What is the 911 Peer Review on MatrixMaxx AMS?
Like software options today, software peer review sites are all over the internet.
Below you will find several review sites to choose from on MatrixMaxx from it’s users (where applicable).
Due to limited online digital reviews for this vendor, we encourage more time spent in reference checking process with this provider.
Case Studies On MatrixMaxx AMS, Association Management Software
Case studies are a very good way to learn more about various software options. While they are “spoon fed” by the vendor, it’s still enlightening to read and valuable. You may find some good ones here.
Is MatrixMaxx AMS the Best Membership Software for Your Association?
We don’t espouse to the belief that there is “one best AMS” for everyone. But, MatrixMaxx AMS may very well be your best fit.
However, to answer this question with certainty, we need to know more about what makes you unique. And, discuss other insights about this platform which we have curated, clients interviewed, and discuss more detailed information beyond just this summary.
Please know that our detailed analysis and expertise is available upon request. To be sure, our software analysis is not a “pretty brochure”, “marketing noise.” or a “sales pitch.”
Rather, we provide a free objective dialogue and insights designed to help nonprofit executives make a smarter software business decision.
If you are interested in some help with reviewing your options and comparisons, please check out our “vendor matching” services here.
Want More AMS Membership Software Reviews?
Please stay tuned to our ongoing “Searching for A Smart AMS Software” where we will continue to provide further insights into membership database software options designed for our 501(c) 6 membership focused organizations.
For the most recent published reviews, please click below:
- NOAH Membership Software
- Nimble AMS
- ESX Catalyst
- Weblink Connect
- Altai Membership Software
- The Databank
- Blue Tahiti,
- Little Green Light
- Impexium Membership Software
- Virtuous Donor Software
- i4a Membership Software
- Fonteva MemberNation,
- GrowthZone AMS Software
- Timberlake Membership Software
- iMIS Membership Software
- Membersuite AMS Software
- WildApricot AMS Software
- MemberPlanet Membership Software
- Aptean GoMembers OnDemand AMS
- MemberClicks AMS
- MatrixMaxx AMS Software Review
And, to obtain a sample list of the database software reviews we have, you may follow the link here
If you work for an AMS database software system and you would like us to include your firm in our software review process, please contact us.
Until next time, keep SmartThoughts in mind. Happy Software Buying!