In our ongoing “Search of a Membership Database Series”, we have prepared a software review of Impexium Membership Management Software. Please note that this brief summary below is not intended to provide our full report, but rather should serve as a quick snapshot of the Impexium membership database software.
For those interested in learning more, we have prepared a detailed “Smart Report” for Executives in the not for profit industry who would like the full view. The full report, is available upon request and verified by our staff. The database software review provides 45 plus pages of detailed information about the database reviewed including background on the company, functional capabilities, screen shots, client reviews, pricing, & support capabilities in an easy to read question and answer format.
Review of Impexium
AMS Membership Software
Introduction of Impexium:
I am excited to introduce Impexium membership software.
I am excited because Impexium is a relatively new player in the association membership software space. In fact, they formed in 2014 and then shortly thereafter, in January, 2015 Impexium acquired and merged with Integrated Software Solutions, Inc. (ISSI). The merger provided Impexium with even deeper industry depth and a solid team of support, services and development professionals to continue forward with it’s mission.
During my review, I had the opportunity to interview one of the key executives at Impexium, Patrick Dorsey, SVP, Sales & Marketing.
The field of options in the AMS software space is crowded for sure. So, one of my first questions posed to Mr. Dorsey was the following, “Why was their a need to develop a new offering in the association market?”
Per Mr. Dorsey, “We felt there was a gap in the AMS market. Forward-thinking associations demand an Association Management Software (AMS) that breaks down internal silos to deliver internal transparency and collaboration, facilitates member engagement and brings daily value both to members and the individuals invested in their success. We believed that Impexium not only fulfills this demand, but it is Impexium’s vision for a more personalized member experience for staff and members.”
Secondly, I asked a rather seemingly silly question. But, I asked it because I believe it is pertinent in order to obtain a feel for the culture of the company. It was, “What in the world is behind the name Impexium?” Mr. Dorsey stated candidly,
“Someone once said it sounds like Import and Export (like your data) and we liked it. The significance is found in the various words which first letter begins with an “i” such as idea, implement, inform, imagine, innovate, illuminate, improve. That is the takeaway.”
In my opinion, Impexium is poised to make significant strides in helping associations and membership focused organizations in the years to come.
Below please find a few more snippets from the full “Smart Report“.
Impexium was founded with the vision that managing the business of associations should be simple and intuitive, allowing staff and members to work with the latest technology and convenience expected from the for-profit sector.
Impexium’s Software as a Service (SaaS) platform allows staff and members to access resources from any web-enabled device. Impexium has a powerful, easy to use, integrated set of applications that are relevant and personalized but also provides the foundation for the mutual success of associations and their members.
The team at Impexium has the belief that both association management and member engagement should work on any web browser, from any device and with any attribute (i.e. surface and touch enabled or traditional mouse and keyboard utilization). They believe that Mobile applications are a great advantage for many reasons and have made it a fundamental part of its DNA.
Key Functional Areas Of Impexium Software
- Customers – Manage customers including individuals and organizations, prospects, contact and relationship information and reporting
- Committees – Manage committees, including committee members, positions, terms, nominations, minutes documents and other related information
- Memberships – Set up and manage your membership types and statuses
- Events – Set up events and manage details including tracks, sessions, speakers and rooms
- Exhibits – Set up exhibits and manage details including halls, interactive floor plans, booths and booth categories
- Subscriptions – Set up and manage your subscription based products, subscribers and other information
- Products – Set up and manage merchandise and publications to sell in your online store
- Fundraising – Create and manage funds, appeals and campaigns for your donors
- Certifications – Set up certification programs and manage courses, exams and education credits
- Advertising – Set up and manage advertising products to sell
- E-Marketing – Use a variety of integration partners to create and manage mailing lists and targeted email campaigns
- Accounting – Create and manage your business units, payment methods and fiscal years; manage and report on Orders, Invoices, Payments, Credits and Batches; use the Payment Wizard to easily pay open orders
- Uploads – Upload and manage files and images for your website, events floor plans and more; All uploads from staff, members and prospects can be viewed in one central location (example files, images, videos, member applications and submissions)
- Web Sites – Set up websites for your members and other customers with information relevant to each group; manage weblog, blog about the latest news and manage blog comments
- Tasks – Create, manage and assign tasks and keep track of progress
- Users Administration – Set up your system users and assign different roles with role based security
- Query Center – Create, run and manage queries as well as exporting data; Query Builder allows you to do drag and drop configurations for individual and group queries
- Dashboards – Basic Dashboards give you a view of important business statistics in the form of charts, graphs with drill down to the displayed lists; Interactive Dashboards provide advanced dashboard filtering and drill-down functionality
- Import – Import spreadsheets of your data, for example customer or prospect records into the database
- Custom Data – Add, edit and manage records which are not part of the AMS and reside in an external database
- Configuration – Configure and manage the global system settings for your organization
Where does Impexium Software likely Fit?
After interviewing Impexium and reviewing the membership software, it is evident that it’s hard to place Impexium into a nice structured box.
Is it a Tier I, II or Tier III platform?
It’s difficult to pinpoint exactly because Impexium is used by membership focused organizations with a staff size of 3 to 200+. Further, Impexium is used by all types of membership focused organizations such as trade organization, professional societies, fraternal organizations, AMCs as well as chamber of commerce.
Overall, if you are determining fit, I believe it is applicable to say that membership focused organizations with less than $1 million in annual revenue, are not the best fit for Impexium. But, at the end of the day, it’s your requirements which will determine the proper fit.
Remember, “If it doesn’t fit, you must acquit.”
A Quick View of Impexium Membership Software for Associations:
Obtain The Full Smart Report of Impexium Membership Software?
We have prepared a detailed “Smart Report” available for any Nonprofit Executive interested in learning about our view of this nonprofit software. Please take some time to request your complete “Smart Report” by clicking below. Please note that you will receive a confirmation email acknowledging your request, however, we will send the comprehensive report after our verification process and setting up a quick overview call.
Is Impexium The Best AMS Software?
We don’t espouse to the belief that there is “one best AMS” for everyone. But, Impexium AMS may very well be your best fit.
However, to answer this question with certainty, we need to know more about what makes you unique. And, discuss other insights about this platform which we have curated, clients interviewed, and discuss more detailed information beyond just this summary.
Please know that our detailed analysis and expertise is available upon request. To be sure, our software analysis is not a “pretty brochure”, “marketing noise.” or a “sales pitch.”
Rather, we provide a free objective dialogue and insights designed to help nonprofit executives make a smarter software business decision.
If you are interested in some help with reviewing your options and comparisons, please check out our “vendor matching” services here.
Want More AMS Membership Software Reviews?
Please stay tuned to our ongoing “Searching for A Smart AMS Software” where we will continue to provide further insights into membership database software options designed for our 501(c) 6 membership focused organizations.
For the most recent published reviews, please click below:
- NOAH Membership Software
- Nimble AMS
- ESX Catalyst
- Weblink Connect
- Altai Membership Software
- The Databank
- Blue Tahiti,
- Little Green Light
- Impexium Membership Software
- Virtuous Donor Software
- i4a Membership Software
- Fonteva MemberNation,
- GrowthZone AMS Software
- Timberlake Membership Software
- iMIS Membership Software
- Membersuite AMS Software
- WildApricot AMS Software
- MemberPlanet Membership Software
- Aptean GoMembers OnDemand AMS
- MemberClicks AMS
- MatrixMaxx AMS Software Review
And, to obtain a sample list of the database software reviews we have, you may follow the link here
If you work for an AMS database software system and you would like us to include your firm in our software review process, please contact us.
Until next time, keep SmartThoughts in mind. Happy Software Buying!