Most associations are fed up with their software. Maybe it’s time to love yours? If so, the team at MemberClicks AMS believes that they have the best membership CRM option for your small trade and professional association.
MemberClicks AMS Software Review
We are excited to share this quick look at MemberClicks AMS, a nonprofit Association Management Software, AMS, for small trade and professional associations.
For those interested in learning more about MemberClicks AMS beyond this summary, we are available to share with you our thoughts about this membership software and how it fits into the larger membership software market today.
Suffice it to say, we have curated, interviewed, and prepared more detailed information for executives employed in the not for profit association industry to set up a time to discuss at length. Our software reviews are designed for those who would like fair and objective insights into the capabilities of this AMS software for nonprofit program.
Our Sources: Over the course of the last decade, we have worked with the MemberClicks AMS team many times to help our clients, have reviewed the solution in brief and detailed demonstration overviews with their team, curated specific insights from the vendor for various use cases, read through countless software website pages, case studies and read multiple peer to peer reviews. This brief summary is a culmination of those insights.
Buyer Disclaimer: It can’t go without saying, there are many unique things which this system can do that are not mentioned. And, some possible holes too. So, be mindful of this fact. While we believe this is a good summary, this short review should not be your only source of the truth!
Introduction to MemberClicks Software:
Per MemberClicks AMS website, since 1998, MemberClicks has been reinventing the membership software experience for professional associations, trade associations, and chambers of all sizes. MemberClicks states that they have 3,000 organizations throughout North America. In 2017, MemberClicks acquired ePly and WebLink to make our outreach bigger and better.
MemberClicks is a well known software provider in the small Association market. It’s primary HQ is located in Atlanta, GA.
The Key Functions of MemberClicks AMS:
MemberClicks, is a well appointed web solution for small-staff organizations. Like many in this category, it is an all-in-one solution designed to make an organization run smoother and work life simpler. It can stand alone as a membership website or seamlessly integrate with your existing site.
In comparison to others, the membership management software is highly flexible which would enable many to:
- Store and search through custom profiles and prospects in a secure online database.
- Automate your membership applications and dues renewals.
- Support organizational memberships.
- Send personalized, targeted or broadcast emails.
- Accept, promote and manage event registrations.
- Easily manage your website with a powerful CMS and responsive design.
- Engage your members with a social community.
- Generate comprehensive reports on members, forms and revenue.
- Handle payments and invoices with integrated accounting.
The system includes the core functional attributes many AMS software providers extend to their clients such as:
- Member Database
- Member Management for dues renewals & member applications
- Communication Management including email marketing
- Event Registration
- Member Engagement Community
- Member Website & CMS
- Accounting & Payment Processing
You may find some use in checking out a few videos on the platform here. In addition, a good training session online used during onboarding below.
Please call us to discuss how their system is unique.
Where Does MemberClicks AMS Fit?
The MemberClicks platform is best suited for small membership focused organizations.
The online membership software fits best with staff who find themselves wearing many hats for their organization (running events, processing payments, updating the website, etc.).
MemberClicks is a self described “all in one” membership solution which aspires to develop a solution which can automate nearly all the administrative work and save staff massive amounts of time. MemberClicks focuses on developing the tools for this market. Therefore, those organizations which have a good mix of revenue coming from dues & events rather than donations for example will see merits in exploring this option.
Generally speaking, the demographic profile of an organization who will likely fit this AMS comprise of some of the following traits and qualities:
- Non-profit membership focused organization with 1-10 staff.
- Non-profit association segments include: trade association, professional societies, clubs, chambers, foundations and association management companies are also candidates for this option.
- Non-profit membership focused organization that are frustrated with entry level options that provide no support, service, or committment to association market.
How Much Does MemberClicks AMS Membership Software Cost?
From a pure financial perspective, MemberClicks extends a competitive value. From review, it is a fairly comprehensive solution. And, there are no extra outside fees except ongoing SaaS fees, which include all support, hosting and future upgrades.
As of 4th quarter 2018, please find some characteristics & rule of thumbs for the MemberClicks pricing model:
- Member profiles determine the license costs.
- The overall pricing consists of the monthly service fee, a one-time setup fee, plus any additional options.
- MemberClicks includes all of the Membership Management, Event Registration, Website and Community features described here.
- The lowest level, level 1, would be billed annually at $3,300 or $320 billed monthly. The highest level, level 5, would be billed annually at $8,100 or $780 billed monthly for access and use of the software.
- All levels of MemberClicks include free phone / email support, free first year domain registration.
- License fees are typically paid annually upfront by their clients. Pricing is based on a prepaid one year contract. Monthly billing options are also available.
- The one time setup cost varies from client to client. But, for most, it is typically $2,995. MemberClicks guarantees that you will get the most from your MemberClicks solution. They provide experts which will be handling all aspects of the setup process PLUS providing new clients and their staff with training. This is a big difference in entry level options. The team takes pride in being more than just software and want you up running quickly and optimally.
- There are optional add ons available for an extra fee such as Abstract Management, Conference App, & Job Board.
It is very important to note and underscore here that pricing may change and it’s at the discretion of the software manufacturer to do so.
Every client is unique and software products evolve over time too. So, pricing may change from time to time. Therefore, this brief summary is not intended to be the final authority on pricing rather just a rule of thumb.
Please make no mistake or assumptions here.
SmartThoughts does not sell this or any other software. We ask that you please consult directly with the software vendor for the most up to date pricing before making your final assessment.
What is the 911 Peer Review on MemberClicks AMS?
Like software options today, software peer review sites are all over the internet.
Below you will find several review sites to choose from on MemberClicks from it’s users (where applicable).
Case Studies On MemberClicks Association Management Software
Case studies are a very good way to learn more about various software options. While they are “spoon fed” by the vendor, it’s still enlightening to read and valuable. You may find some good ones here.
Is MemberClicks AMS the Best Membership Software for Your Association?
We don’t espouse to the belief that there is “one best AMS” for everyone. But, MemberClicks may very well be your best fit.
However, to answer this question with certainty, we need to know more about what makes you unique. And, discuss other insights about this platform which we have curated, clients interviewed, and discuss more detailed information beyond just this summary.
Please know that our detailed analysis and expertise is available upon request. To be sure, our software analysis is not a “pretty brochure”, “marketing noise.” or a “sales pitch.”
Rather, we provide a free objective dialogue and insights designed to help nonprofit executives make a smarter software business decision.
If you are interested in some help with reviewing your options and comparisons, please check out our “vendor matching” services here.
Want More AMS Membership Software Reviews?
Please stay tuned to our ongoing “Searching for A Smart AMS Software” where we will continue to provide further insights into membership database software options designed for our 501(c) 6 membership focused organizations.
For the most recent published reviews, please click below:
- NOAH Membership Software
- Nimble AMS
- ESX Catalyst
- Weblink Connect
- Altai Membership Software
- The Databank
- Blue Tahiti,
- Little Green Light
- Impexium Membership Software
- Virtuous Donor Software
- i4a Membership Software
- Fonteva MemberNation,
- GrowthZone AMS Software
- Timberlake Membership Software
- iMIS Membership Software
- Membersuite AMS Software
- WildApricot AMS Software
- MemberPlanet Membership Software
- Aptean GoMembers OnDemand AMS
- Cobalt Member Dynamics AMS
And, to obtain a sample list of the database software reviews we have, you may follow the link here.
If you work for an AMS database software system and you would like us to include your firm in our software review process, please contact us.
Until next time, keep SmartThoughts in mind. Happy Software Buying!