Are you looking to do better at your Government Relations activities? Are your members or donors yearning to have a legislative action center on your Organization’s Website? Need to move beyond those cluttered spreadsheets which is outdated?
Today, there are a plethora of Government relations software options to move you beyond spreadsheets and your old Rolodex which are very comprehensive to automate your government relations activities today.
And, depending on your specific needs, you can get organized and agile and tap into the stream of data that’s out there and continually changing.
What do you need? The following is a sampling of what you can get:
- Online Government Relations Database: A self-updating database of the U.S. House of Representatives, your state legislators, office and legislative committee staff. Use the database to generate reports for listings, merged mailings for email campaigns.
- Online Grassroots Advocacy Database: A contacts grass-roots manager that you match with the membership or donor database. Filter, organize and generate listings for fundraising support.
- Event and Congressional Staff Email Marketing: An email “blaster” that is compliant with ISP standards and won’t relegate your mass emails to the recipients’ junk file. This tool will allow you to store templates, do a good job with the visuals and keep track of bounces, open rates, click-through on embedded links as well as unsubscribers.
- Legislative Tracking: A tracker for legislation that affects your organization. Need to plan your lobbying or ask your grass roots contacts to call their legislator about an upcoming vote? The tracker typically has the ability to predict how a particular legislator will vote based on his or her voting history.
- Online Form for your members to report contacts with Legislators: There are systems today which will provide online contact forms for your members to report their meetings and personal contacts with legislators. And, guess what? There is even your very own form designer so that you can create and maintain your own forms (Bye, Bye programmers!).
- Fly In Management: An interactive and integrated private calendar and meeting journal. Schedule and coordinate meetings and events. Record attendees and enter critical notes and documents. It offers solutions to the real problems that arise when planning and executing a successful event.
Also, software as a service is the norm for most Government Relations Software programs today. In fact, you can find online subscription services that do most of the above, and include an advocacy section to your organization’s website on a beer budget!
Whether you’re tracking a grant, eagerly eyeing important legislation or just keeping up with your grass-roots donors and legislators, you no longer need to depend on legacy desktop software like access/spreadsheets or mind-numbing web searches. And, yes, many of the systems available today will integrate nicely with most Association Management and Donor Management systems.
Contact us. We can help you find and adopt the government relations software you’re looking for today!