According to one source, there are more than 164 million blogs. Most of these blogs get less than 1,000 visitors per month, and the harsh reality is, the majority of those blogs are, for lack of a better word, failures. In this article, I wanted to quickly applaud some of the best association blogs in my top 20 list.
The Best Association Blogs
It’s simple. When people start blogs, many do it for some of the following expectations:
- Traffic: It helps drive traffic to your website.
- Conversions: It helps convert that traffic into leads
- Authority: It helps establish authority.
- Results: It drives long-term results
In the association market, many suppliers have been around a long long time. And, they have curated a tremendous amount of knowledge. And, often times they share it too! But, in my mind, the ones I enjoy following exemplify the following qualities which I appreciate most.
Qualities of the Best Blogs for Associations
- Specificity: They focus on one audience. In this case, membership & association needs.
- Passion: You can read into their love for the craft, profession, or association community.
- Integrity: They provide education and resources to the association community. Not selling!
Participation: There are a lot of reader comments which I believe are a significant factor in blog popularity.
- Brevity: They get to the point and provide useful information. While I like novels, I don’t like long winded blogs.
- Longevity: Staying power and feeding the site is critical. I don’t have to wait a year for something to come out.
To that end, I wanted to take some time to acknowledge some of the best blogs for Association Executives. Certainly, a blog can help the company as mentioned above, but it takes a long time to deliver results. So, there has to be some passion for doing what these folks do. And, the content they share comes through in the message.
So, without further adieu, here are the some of the best Blogs for Association Executives from some of the smartest people in the association industry today:
Our Top 20 Association Membership Blog List
- MemberClicks Membership Management Software
- Higher Logic (Informz Marketing Blog)
- Smooth The Path
- Vanguard Technology (Website Designer)
- Effective Database Management Blog
- JP Moery Company Blog
- Association Adviser Blog
- Grow Globally Blog
- MemberSuite AMS Membership Software
- AssociationsNow Blog and Ernie Smith’s Technology
- Deirdre Reid Blog
- The Aptify AMS Blog
- FusionSpan Blog
- Abila Nonprofit Software Blog
- Nimble AMS Membership Software
- Wild Apricot Blog AMS Membership Software provider
- Spark Consulting
- Membership Marketing Blog
- HigherLogic Social Community Platform Blog
I applaud the effort of all above who have made a commitment to educate and provide a valuable resource for the association community. And, I sincerely appreciate reading and digesting the useful product you all put out regularly for all of us to enjoy. You are a testament to the fact that a Blog doesn’t have to be boring, mundane, or even trite.
Therefore, I encourage everyone involved in the association membership industry to drop them a like on Facebook, follow their respective company on LinkedIn, Tweet their blog posts, encourage them when you see them, and share your love in your Google circles. They deserve the appreciation for the content they provide us to digest every day, week, and year…
Before I go, I am sure that I have left some good ones out. So, please let me know who you find provides value in your association activities. I would love to hear from you and hope to see them on my must reads soon!
Until then, keep SmartThoughts in mind.