Isn’t it time to obtain an Association Management Software which is tailor made for your mission and integrates with QuickBooks? If so, the team at novi AMS believes that they have the best membership CRM for your trade association.
novi AMS Software Review
We are excited to share this quick look at novi AMS, a nonprofit Association Management Software for trade associations. Despite looking at hundreds of AMS options over the years in a similar manner, it’s always fun to find companies who want to offer a better way to address a challenge.
For those interested in learning more about novi AMS beyond this summary, we are available to share with you are thoughts about this membership software and how it fits into the larger membership software market today.
Suffice it to say, we have curated, interviewed, and prepared more detailed information for executives employed in the not for profit association industry to set up a time to discuss at length Our agnostic insights and software reviews are designed for those who would like fair and objective insights into the capabilities of this AMS software for nonprofit program.
Our sources: We have interviewed the novi AMS, reviewed the solution, curated insights from the vendor, read through various website pages and read multiple reviews. This summary is a culmination of those insights. That said, this should not be your only source of the truth!
Introduction to novi AMS® Software:
Per novi AMS website, they provide cloud-based software platform for associations and member-based non-profits. Novi AMS’s primary HQ is located in the great state of Florida, the sunshine state.
Purpose Statement from novi AMS:
From review, novi AMS offers a fundamentally different approach to association management software.
1st, they were born out of the collaboration between association executives and a software development team with extensive experience serving as volunteer leaders within associations. In many instances, you find a software developer who creates what he believes is required. By virtue of working in the trenches, this system was born as a result of living through it.
2nd, they wanted to be sure and address the financial aspects required in running the day to day at an association. For many AMS systems today, it’s the same old approach. The AMS acts as a subsidiary ledger, collects payments, then exports out the transactions.
In our review, most association management systems fail when it comes to integrating with financial management systems. The novi AMS® team understands the intricacies of QuickBooks Online and used the latest technology to bridge the two systems together. The result is quite unique in the market in that they provide a 24/7 connection between the association’s QuickBooks Online and novi AMS.
By doing so, this provides an opportunity to reduce human error, improve security (since everything is tracked), and save considerable staff time that has historically been spent on data entry.
The fusion of talent (development expertise and assocation experience) along with their primary functional frustrations led to the development of a software designed to manage trade organizations who desired to simplify their day to day operations and accounting procedures.
A recent quote from an interview session sums their purpose up pretty well, “the project has had one goal since the start – build an association management system that “just works.”
The Key Features of novi AMS:
The system includes the following attributes:
- CRM Management
- Complete Membership Management
- Financial Operations (with leading QuickBooks Online)
- Event Management
- Member Engagement
- CEU Tracking
- Committees Group Management
- E-Marketing (MailChimp and Constant Contact integrations standard)
- Fundraising (Basic online form for payments)
- Reports and Business Intelligence
Where Does novi AMS® Fit?
This AMS is best fitted in a small to mid-size (low end) trade associations. As a result of it’s cloud-based association management software (AMS) technology architecture, it could scale higher, however, that doesn’t mean it’s best suited there.
Those organizations who will likely find value in exploring this AMS comprise of some of the following traits and qualities:
- Trade Associations who have QuickBooks online and desire better integration than the standard export and import process found in other options today.
- Associations who want to manage their needs within one primary AMS solution. Yet open to integration to some key areas namely email communication and possibly community collaboration too.
- Trade Organizations who run many of the common programs such as billing, events, member management, self-service, and e-Commerce etc.
- Associations who demand an events module that allows for great flexibility for scenarios such as ticketing and reporting.
- Those seek an easy to use Content Management System with Front-end website editing.501(C)6 organizations who see value in finding a support partner not simply software.
- Association Nonprofits who want an affordable platform.
How Much Does novi AMS Membership Software Cost?
If I had a dollar for every time someone asked me this question over the years…Certainly, this seems to be one of the top questions for all nonprofits to desire to know. But, it’s not always so simple to answer.
As of 2nd quarter 2018, we know this much right now. Drumroll please!
- novi AMS is “cloud-based” and it has a SaaS license model too, in which the software is licensed on a subscription basis and is centrally hosted.
- novi AMS does not price by the staff user: they price by organization and offer an unlimited number of staff users. As a consumer, you do not need to worry about paying for situations like adding temporary staff or interns etc. with some of the AMS options on the market today.
- There is one price which allows all essential staff members access to the database to promote continuity and visibility without a punitive price tag.
In our opinion, it is a Tier III offering. It has many of the traits of your standard all in one solution.
Based on insights derived via the vendor, software license pricing for a typical client begins at $4,800. For up to date information on pricing, please find that here.
And, implementation costs vary from organization to organization with customizations, deep database migration, etc. that may factor into adtional setup costs.
It is very important to note and underscore here that pricing may change and it’s at the discretion of the manufacturer to do so. So, this brief summary is not intended to be the final authority on pricing rather just a rule of thumb.
Every client is unique.
Make no mistake here. We do not sell this software or any other AMS option for that matter. So, we ask that you please consult directly with the vendor for the most up to date pricing. Their Florida-based team can be reached at email@example.com.
What is the 911 Peer Review on this novi AMS?
Like software options today, software peer review sites are all over the internet. Below you will find several options to choose from on novi AMS® from it’s users (where applicable). As novi matures, you will find more and more insights on these and other sites too.
novi AMS Membership Software Case Studies:
Rather than peer review sites, I am a big advocate for reviewing case studies and learning more context about the experience an organization derives from software. The specific context matters so much in your peer to peer discovery work when purchasing software.
That noted, Novi came on the market in 2015. As a result, there are a few client testimonials cited on the novi AMS® site which provides some testimonials which are worth noting. You may find them below:
- Communications Manager for the Triangle Apartment Association
- Membership Committee chair for the Apartment Association of Greater Orlando
- Executive Director Apartment Association of New Mexico
Learn more about the novi AMS All in One Database:
Is novi AMS the best software fit for you?
To answer that question, we have curated, interviewed, and prepared more detailed information for executives, like you dedicated to the not for profit association industry beyond this summary review.
And, this analysis and expertise is available upon request. To be sure, our software analysis is not a “pretty brochure”, “marketing noise.” or a “sales pitch.”
Rather, we provide a free objective dialogue and insights designed to help nonprofit executives make a smarter software business decision.
Want More AMS Membership Software Reviews?
Please stay tuned to our ongoing “Searching for A Smart AMS Software” where we will continue to provide further insights into membership database software options designed for our 501(c) 6 organizations.
For the most recent published reviews, please click below:
- NOAH Membership Software
- Nimble AMS
- ESX Catalyst
- Weblink Connect
- Altai Membership Software
- The Databank
- Blue Tahiti,
- Little Green Light
- Impexium Membership Software
- Virtuous Donor Software
- i4a Membership Software
- Fonteva MemberNation,
- GrowthZone AMS Software
- Timberlake Membership Software
- iMIS Membership Software
- Membersuite AMS Software
And, to obtain a sample list of the database software reviews we have, you may follow the link here.
If you work for an AMS database software system and you would like us to include your firm in our software review process, please contact us.
Until next time, keep SmartThoughts in mind. Happy Software Buying!